Thursday, September 4, 2014

Photoshop - Green Grass texture




This is a 128x128 pixel texture that I created for a Unity project to serve as a placeholder grass texture.

I created the texture by taking a blank white layer, running a filter to create a "canvas paper" effect with faint lines running across it. I rotated the image, sharpened it, and created a green layer above it. I used that green layer and applied a brushstroke-style filter over it to create the painted effect with the green. The rest is a matter of finding the right values I need to make it look how I want it. When I finished, I offset the entire image by 5 pixels and smudged the wraparound line so that the texture can tile seamlessly with itself. With more experience I'll be able to remember the names of some of these filters and plan some more complex textures. I'm pretty happy with this one for now though.

No comments:

Post a Comment